The Official Collection of Fantastical Creature Information--Updated Randomly

For all your fantastical creature needs! This is the beginning of my encyclopedia, and I'm collecting as much information as I can on various fantasy creatures. Most of my stuff can be found on wikipedia. However, no source is perfect, so the stuff that is my input is often italicized. Help me by sending me more information at Questkid13@gmail.com

Side Note: There have been concerns about my using Wikipedia because it is not a reliable resource. I am well aware of wikipedia's unreliable nature--but that's exactly why I use it. Fantasy creatures are available to all, and everyone should have a chance to add their "discoveries." This website is supposed to be a fun collection of fantastical creature information with fun images to go with. I am not a reliable source--I'm just a collector. Though at this point, I am flattered that people are concerned with the validity of my site. :)

!!!!This is NOT a forum. Comments are to be informative and generally helpful. Clean humor is acceptable, but NOT if it detracts from the entry. This site is to help people find out more about fantastical creatures!!!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Droolybug

The laziest bug of Quest kid Forest, the droolybug is known for constantly umm....well...drooling.

Physical Description

Wandering around the forest, the Droolybug has a permanently vacant expression: dull eyes, mouth hanging slightly open, and a thing trail of drool constantly dripping from its mouth. It is still unknown how it manages to produce the drool in such horrific quantities.

Campers and travelers be warned. If you find your pillow abnormally wet--you have been victimized by the Droolybug! Do not attempt to protect your pillow with plastic, for this is the one thing that angers the bug. When angry, the Droolybug will squirt its saliva out both ends. So much drool will not only drench the plastic covered pillow to its core, but soak the idiotic individual as well in its disgusting substance.

The amount this bug can produce is similiar to a neverending firehose--but do not use it to put out a fire! Unlike human saliva, the droolybug's secretion is highly flammable. In one case, someone used an angry mass of these beetles to win a war--having them soak an enemy camp with the spit and then tossing a small match onto one of the trails after the bugs have safely departed.

Rivalry

When it can muster the energy, the Droolybug is known as the enemy of the Juliebug. Because the droolybug is the plainest bug in the forests of Questkid, its lack of creativity offends the Juliebug. When the two bugs collide, the droolybug pities the juliebug for its lack of moisture and promptly squirts an especially large glob of spit on the Juliebug's shiny shell.

A special thanks to Julie for brainstorming with me!


No comments: